Help me upload my video
Once you have finished making your video, you are ready to upload it to YouTube.
Uploading a video to YouTube is an easy process:
- Create a free YouTube account using your current email address as the username. (Note: you don’t need a gmail email address to do this. Any email address will work.) Read about the kinds of file formats that YouTube accepts, as well as answers to all sorts of other questions on this YouTube help page.
- Sign in to your YouTube account, and then click on the “upload button” in the top right hand corner of the webpage. Then follow the prompts that appear on the “upload” page. You’ll need to enter a movie title (a short description and tags are optional) during this uploading process. You do not need to select a “category” for your video (unless you want to), and you should tick off “public” in the Privacy section, and “standard YouTube licence” in the License section.
- Immediately below the area where you enter your video title and (perhaps) description, there is a section called “Sharing options.” You’ll need to grab your unique URL (ie the URL that YouTube has created for your video) and paste it into the online entry form on the Just Watch Me contest how to enter page.
Once contest organizers have reviewed your video entry to make sure it meets the contest’s eligibility requirements and terms and conditions, your entry will be posted on this site, and stay here for the duration of the contest.
If you are a finalist, make sure to tell your friends to visit this site to vote!
For more information see our F.A.Q.
Here is a short powerpoint video that explains how to upload a video to YouTube.
If you are having trouble uploading, review these two tips, below.
If you are having problems completing the online entry form because the link to your YouTube URL is not working, try these quick tips. If that still doesn’t solve the problem, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org .
- Enter a YouTube Video URL from the main YouTube site (do not use the "embed code"). The URL for every YouTube video is located in the address bar of your web browser (eg. http://www.youtube.com/...).
- Do not try to manually type the entire link of a video as you may accidentally enter it incorrectly. Please copy and paste the link instead.