Help me make my video
Here's a handy beginner's checklist to get you started making your video. The first step in making a movie is figuring out a plan or storyboard. The internet is full of movie making tips and basic video techniques.
Watch This Video: 8 Film Making Tips
The video provides eight practical tips to help make your video the best it can be.
Once you've got a sense of how video-making works, grab your video camera, smart phone or webcam and start shooting!
When you are ready to edit your movie, you can use Windows or Mac software that is usually part of your computer's operating system.
If you use Windows, Windows Movie Maker can help you create/edit your movie.
- About Windows Movie Maker (Wikipedia page)
- Getting started with Windows Movie Maker (Microsoft website support)
- How to make a simple stop motion video using Windows Movie Maker (YouTube video)
- How to create a video in Windows Movie Maker using your webcam (YouTube video)
- Basic instructions for using Windows Movie Maker (YouTube video)
If you are an Apple user, iMovie can help you create/edit a movie.
- About iMovie (Wikipedia page)
- Getting started with iMovie (Apple website support)
- How to make a simple stop motion video using iMovie (YouTube video)
- How to create a video in iMovie using your webcam (YouTube video)
- Basic instructions for using iMovie (YouTube video)